ISO 21001:2018 Educational organizations - Management systems for educational organizations - Requirements with guidance for use
More than 10 years ago, according to the background of success of ISO 9001, ISO decided to launch a special management system standard for educational organizations.
Now, the ISO 21001:2018 is available. Since 03/02/2021, DeuZert® has been accredited by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) for certifications according to ISO 21001:2018. DeuZert® is the 1. accredited certification body for ISO 21001:2018 in Germany.
Educational organizations of all sizes can provide evidence through certification by a competent certification body such as DeuZert®,
- to meet the requirements of the internationally top-modern educational management standard ISO 21001:2018,
- to be able to consistently deliver educational services that meet customer requirements and applicable legal and regulatory requirements,
- to focus on increasing customer satisfaction and
- to master risks and opportunities and thus to achieve continuous improvement.
DeuZert® is an competent certification body for ISO 21001:2018 and can make recourse to the highest personnel competence from the responsible ISO Committee ISO/TC 232. It is therefore able to realize a value-adding, sustainable and accepted certification procedure. DeuZert® coordinates its activities worldwide with other competent certification bodies from ISO/TC 232.
The DeuZert® certificate according ISO 21001:2018 is an effective and confidence-building instrument
- to make one's own educational organization more competitive in the context of educational mission, vision and goals.
- to demonstrate the steadily increasing effectiveness and efficiency by means of consistent processes and suitable evaluation tools.
- to prove the application of international best practice solutions in educational management as well as
- to stimulate excellence and innovation.
The procedure of the DeuZert® certification provides:
- Offer based on a standardized questionnaire
- Mandating the certification
- Optional pre-audit
- Planning the certification audit
- Stage 1 audit as a priority documentation check for certification ability
- Stage 2 audit on-side with final audit report
- Decision on certification in the DeuZert® Certification Committee
- Certificate issue for three years
- Two calendar-year surveillance audits from the following year
- Re-certification audit with an extension of the certificate for another three years [on request]
The following references can be used to request an offer and for further information:
We recommend a look at the 2-hour DIN webinar on ISO 21001:2018, available in German language.
The structure of ISO 21001:2018 reflects the high-level structure of all ISO management system standards. Therefore, it can be well-combined with other management system standards. The striking similarity to ISO 9001:2015 is obvious.
In detail, the structure is as follows:
Terms and definitions
Context of the organization
Annex A (normative)
Additional requirements for early childhood education
Annex B (informative)
Principles for an Management systems for educational organizations
Annex C (informative)
Classification of interested parties in educational organizations
Annex D (informative)
Guidelines for communication with interested parties
Annex E (informative)
Processes, measures and tools in educational organizations
Annex F (informative)
Example of mapping to regional standards
Annex G (informative)
Health and safety considerations for educational organizations
Establishment of ISO/ PC 288 management systems for educational organizations with South Korean Secretariat
1. meeting of ISO/ PC 288 in Lisbon / Portugal with participants from 16 countries; Definition of the scope and the project plan
Start of work on the Working Draft ISO WD 21001
ISO CD 21001 (Committee Draft) is first time for discussion
Another meeting of the ISO/ PC 288 in Lyon/ France
Vote and acceptance of the ISO CD 21001 (Committee Draft) in release 1.2 with votes against
Another meeting of the ISO/ PC 288 in Beirut/ Lebanon
Vote and acceptance of the ISO/DIS 21001 (Draft International Standard) with votes against
Vote and acceptance of the ISO/FDIS 21001 (Final Draft International Standard) with votes against
Vote and acceptance of the ISO 21001:2018 with votes against
Decision to dissolve the ISO/ PC 288 when the Spanish language version has been completed
Accreditation of DeuZert® for ISO 21001:2018 certifications
Current status: 05/02/2021